About Us

 

History

Jordan Lutheran Church was established in 1734. Sunday School was implemented in the 1800’s and the church basement was enlarged for this purpose. As the teaching needs of Jordan grew, the Sunday school annex was undertaken in 1928, and was completed in 1932. An additional church school building was dedicated in 1964.

In 1992 Jordan completed the addition of our Christian Education building and Family Center to become our church as it stands today. The family center fellowship hall is open to both members and the community. The main level of this structure includes additional classrooms and our office suite. Our cornerstone service was held October 18, 1992 at the conclusion of the 10:30 a.m. service.

We celebrated our 275th Anniversary with special activities throughout 2010.